Our Team has been promoting ecotourism and sustainable tourism online since 1999, through Ecoclub, the world’s first ecotourism portal and professional network. Ecoclub acts as a pro bono Partner for important tourism events, community tourism projects and campaigns. We have travelled extensively around the world and have good contacts in most sustainable tourism destinations. We directly participate in the tourism sharing economy as hosts in Greece, where we also have experience with developing, refurbishing and managing residential and rental properties. With over 20 years sustainable hospitality & tourism marketing knowledge, experience and contacts, we have now decided to offer consultancy services to current and aspiring hospitality providers who are serious about minimising their environmental footprint, maximising their social impact and, last but not least, offering stellar service to their guests!
As Green Hospitality Marketing & Funding Specialists we can remotely assist aspiring and new providers worldwide with:
- developing a business plan which is green and achievable
- identifying potential funding sources
- preparing persuasive funding proposals & applications
- choosing the right destination to set up your business
- advice on how to purchase an existing tourism business which is up for sale
- evaluating the suitability and full potential of a specific location
- creating an appropriate and effective brand
- setting up your internet presence, including website, social media and booking platforms
- devising a customer relationship management policy and loyalty programs
- exploring potential promotion channels
- more depending on your project’s specific needs
We can help existing providers with the following:
- selecting a quality ecolabel which is both affordable and suitable for your accommodation and meets your specific needs.
- meeting the requirements and completing the certification steps – not by greenwashing, but by implementing real green changes in how you operate!
- developing and maintaining an environmental and social responsibility policy
- reaching a discerning audience that will truly appreciate and reward you for your green efforts!
- improving your presence on mass social media
- exploring alternative promotion channels
- choosing a booking/sharing economy platform
- creating and maintaining your listings in various platforms
- analysing your website and your website statistics and improving the content and presentation to make your website more user-friendly and effective in generating direct bookings from your own website
- seeking new revenue streams, introducing new services for your guests and improving their satisfaction
- increasing guest loyalty
- producing and distributing informative and engaging news announcements
- evaluating and categorising your guests, their wishes & desires
- researching your competitors and learning from their mistakes and successes
- detecting and cultivating synergies with other local businesses
- developing an intelligent pricing model and a sensible cancellation policy
- more depending on your specific needs
We can also help providers wishing to exit the sector:
- maximise the sale value of their sustainable tourism property
- reach serious buyers
Finally, as we are physically based in Athens, Greece, for those interested in entering the Greek Green Hospitality Market we can offer additional consultancy services on location including orientation sessions and field trips to ecotourism attractions and successful sustainable hospitality business examples.